July 12, 2012

we have a (future) home!

 
You may be wondering why on earth I have posted such a photo that does not resemble Berkeley, CA. That is because we are no longer moving to Berkeley, and Ian is no longer going to Cal. Ian was accepted into the University of Chicago Law School. We are moving to CHICAGO.

Let us compare Berk and Chi, shall we?:

Berk:
$1400/month housing 15 minutes from campus on BUS
teaching jobs are near impossible to get
beautiful, beautiful place
#7 law school in the country
fun campus
hippies...

Chi:
$850/month housing 4 minute WALK from the law school (win)
teaching jobs still near impossible to get, but a little less impossible (win?)
beautiful, slightly sketchy place (win??)
#5 law school in the country(win.)
also a fun campus, including a Frank Lloyd Wright house (WIN)
Obama lovers, yet not hippies....(wiiiiiin)


We feel so blessed and excited for this adventure. Scared, yes. Chicago is where Ian was born, so we're just heading back to his roots. I'm convinced that post law school we'll move to San Diego to go back to my roots.:) We'll see how (not) difficult it will be to convince Ian of this. 

Let our new life begin!

1 comment:

  1. We really are meant to be friends because The Weepies do rock (in a folksy chill way), even though I really bugged you way back when. That's okay, sometimes I bug myself too. ( oh by the way this is my response to your comment on my blog! I love comments and just thought I would return the favor!). I love your blog (and you) and really hope to see you this sat!

    ReplyDelete